Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Keeping it up

I have decided that I will write everyday in this blog. April seems to be a month for actual commitments not wishy washy new year resolutions but commitments. I've noticed people around be and in turn with competitive spirit I will join them in a kind of revolution of doing something interesting and worthwhile. In juxtaposition to the relaxation that we value so much in our spare time we are encouraged to chill out usually by vegetating. Consuming ads, UV rays, TV shows, food. To some extent it's relaxing but it's also crippling. It's also a self made prison the hardest to escape. I find having something to show and give to others to enjoy more relaxing but it takes all types doesn't it? Without the consumers there would be no one to produce it for and what's the point otherwise? Just sometimes I wonder if I view myself as more of a consumer and neglect my instinct to create. What if the creators were able to support other creators financially? Does that already happen? I have this idea that the consumers fund the lifestyle of the creators and they are the market that must be catered to therefore it's a matter of taste and popular concepts that receive the most attention. Sometimes new art struggles to strive mostly just because it's new and sometimes because it hasn't presented itself the right way to the general marketplace that's when it dies and something less interesting must step in. The show must go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment